THE OKLAHOMA TRADITION OF MARINATED BITE-SIZED CHICKEN
In 1976, Vernon McFarland perfected a new way to prepare chicken - with a special marinade and breading that created an entirely unique product.
Mr. McFarland then opened the first Rex's Chicken restaurant in McAlester, Oklahoma. So, into a fast food world of legs, wings, and drumsticks- he chose to serve 100% boneless breast of chicken before any other restaurant in America.
The upstart boneless chicken restaurant grew to over 35 locations between 1976-1992. Rex's Chicken Franchise System was founded in 2007 with the sole purpose of carrying on Vernon McFarland's vision of serving the freshest chicken, frybread, and homestyle sides at locations across the United States.
Bite-size chicken. King-size opportunity. As a Rex's Chicken franchisee, you get a proven menu built around a unique and popular product.
In addition, you get a rich, experience-based restaurant concept that’s entertaining, memorable and marketable to a worldwide audience.
What does the franchise system include?
Owning and operating an assigned Rex restaurant use of the brand name, trademarks, recipes, operational systems and methods, and decor. Additionally, you will receive support in these specific areas:
- Facility planning on site location and architectural design
- Specifications for fixtures, equipment, and leasehold improvements
- Assistance in site selection and lease negotiation
- Corporate training for Owner/Operator and Director of Operations/General Managers
- Kitchen/ Back of the House Workflow design
- Ongoing support from members of the Training and Operations Team
- Ongoing updates for increasing profitability
- Products with high industry demand
- Efficiency in all systems
- Favorable national contracts with suppliers of goods and services
- Operating manuals, policies, procedures, and business management systems.
Don't Miss it !
A BIG attraction since 1976. From the day Rex's opened in an Oklahoma gas station, diners flocked to taste the new idea in breaded chicken. Word spread and travelers across the USA were mapping a route that brought them to Rex's for crispy bite-size chicken, fabulous warm frybread and home-style sides.
We don’t have a clue what makes people drive a thousand miles to see a gigantic leaping muskie, a blue whale, or a palace of corn, but we do know what makes them stop by Rex's Chicken — it's food too good to pass up!
Cash Required $100,000